Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're almost there!

Finally, I think we are ready to get married!

Yesterday, I was able to get the 'beach permit' needed to perform our ceremony on the beach. Part of the process is to determine which beach you're getting married on so I made the last minute decision of the D.T. Fleming beach in Kapalua. This is supposed to be one of the more private beaches, only because it's longer than most; and it should be beautiful since it's right behind the Ritz Carlton hotel.

I also picked out my bouquet and the lei's we'll use for the lei exchange during the ceremony. The bouquet will be very simple with reg ginger, creamy-white and orange lillie's and the lei's will both consist of creamy-white baby orchids with maroon-red plumeria, pulling in a color from the bouquet. This is what my leis will look like and here's Ed's.

The cake is also underway. I spoke with someone from Maui Wedding Cakes Inc. The first step is submit a quote online. I decided on a 6" butter cream with swirls all over. I didn't want anything too much...just something to celebrate with.

The wedding dress. This has turned out to be more difficult than I thought. The dress I tried on in the store - fit perfect, so we ordered the same dress in the same size but in ivory. Gosh, the dress I got back did not fit like that at all. For the first alteration, we had the straps shortened in hopes of lifting the dress to fit tighter around my back and adjust the length. Well, this sorta worked expect for the fact that that top of the dress it is now right up under my arm pits and the straps are so tight they'll leave indentations in my skin. This isn't going to work! For the second round of alterations, I went to my regular tailor. This time we're lengthening the straps, removing the zipper to take in some from the top, and taking some in from the hip area. The only thing, now it's a little long. I'll see how long it actually is when I get it back on Friday. I'm hoping it's not too long that I have to have it shortened. More to come on that saga.

Oh yea, we had another storm come through town last week and blew Ed's fence completely down. I called the roofers to have them see if the roof was further damaged, because we really want a completely brand new roof for another selling point, and sure enough, there was more damage. Ed will call State Farm today to have the adjuster back out, but this time -- with the roofer.

Ed went up to St. Louis last Friday night to get his mom moved into her new digs. His family all came together, chipped in and was able to get this accomplished in one day. They moved her and got her all set-up in her new place on Saturday. She's now much closer to where she used to live so hopefully...her old friends will be over to visit and be able to take her to old church.

I'm sure there's more but that's it for now.

No comments: