Monday, June 8, 2009

My 45th Birthday

Yesterday, I celebrated my 45th birthday, which was actually on June 2nd, and my dad celebrated his 66th birthday, which was June 7th, with all the family. Unfortunately, Ed wasn't able to be there because he had to go home and start the family conference call to determine the next steps for his mom.

Bunny trail...

Ed's mom has dementia and it's progressing to the point that she's being released from her current living facilities 'Lady of the Snow'. They're concerned about care and legal issues if she should escape to the outside world w/o their knowledge. Anyhow, they want her to be moved by the end of June, so the family is moving at warp speed to secure a new location that can care of patients with this type of mental disability. In fact, Ed's going to St. Louis this weekend to help move her.

Departing bunny trail...

We had a great time Sunday. We all met over at Laura's for dinner and cooked out. There was a full house, in fact, I think everyone was there except Kristin and that's only because she was at Tech for summer school classes.

I received some very nice and thoughtful gifts. The biggest, and most surprising, was the one from my honey. He gave me this beautiful necklace that I told him about some time ago - he actually listened and remembered!!! He loves me! I liked it because it kind of matches my ring with the round stone. It looks like one giant diamond but it's actually a white topaz stone. You'll see it below.

Just thought I would share some fun pictures of the family!



Lisa is now 45 and Dad is now 66

Cassi, Dad, Mandi, Lisa, LeNay, Tyler and Laura

Dad and Cassi

LeNay thought she was pretty cute. The cup reads
"Caution: Sr. Moment in Progress".
Wait...she's right behind me!

Laura - being 'Laura'

From Dad

'Life is not measured by the breaths that you take
but by the moments that take your breath away'

Love it!

Sarah, Dad and Hannah

Tyler and his girlfriend, Blanca


Beatiful necklace Ed gave me --- he loves me!!!
I love him too!!!

(I should have put make-up on!)


Dinner is served!


By the way...thanks everyone for making my birthday special. I have a wonderful family!


No comments: