Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Trip to Germany



Ok...just wanted to check in and let you know I made it. However, it wasn't the 9.5 hour trip like originally scheduled. They had to load software in the cockpit and then they had to replace a sensor. Because they replaced the sensor, they had to let engine run to check everything out and make sure it was working ok. Let me say I was not thrilled about sitting on the plane an extra 2 hours BUT I did appreciate the safe flight! ;)

Also, the taxis are much nicer here than at home...you're not sitting on the seat springs here because the taxis are Mercedes Benz. Great ride! Would have been better if my taxi driver believed in a little air conditioning. I think he was Indian and perhaps they don't need the same amount of cool air as us Americans! ;)

I finally made it to my lovely hotel room that Ed got for me. It's also a little different from home. I've attached a few pictures so you can see what I mean. 1. The beds are pretty low to the floor and 2. I had to practice to learn how to flush the toilet. If you'll look closely...it's the large silver plate on the wall. That's what you push here to make that baby work. And believe me, after 11 hours on the plane..I needed it to work! ;) Maybe TMI but hey, I'm really tired and have an excuse!

Sorry if this sounds a little crazy. It's actually Sunday 4:16 am your time and Sunday 11:15 am here and I'm a little tired since I wasn't able to sleep on the flight. That was unusual for me as I can usually always sleep on the plane. Anyhow, I'm going to take a little nap...an hour or so, and then shower and start 'splorin' as Ed would say!!!! Right honey! Ed has me right downtown and there's plenty to walk around and see. Valerie gets in tomorrow morning and I hope to have a day long tour booked for us. I'll work on that later today..read about it while I devour my lunch!



OK my Texas family...going to go lay down before I fall down.

Love you and more to come!

No comments: